Zucchini is one kind of veggie and also known as courgette. Botanically, zucchini is considered a fruit. It is a summer squash including in the Cucurbitaceae plant family. According to Healthline– zucchini is packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, manganese, potassium, magnesium, folate, iron, calcium, zinc, mineral, and many other nutrients.
It is also a great source of a variety of antioxidants. You can cook zucchini but it loses vitamin A. to get full vitamin A, you have to consume it raw. Now the question is- can you juice zucchini? As zucchini is mildly sweet and slightly bitter.
Can you juice zucchini?
You can juice zucchini for sure. Zucchini juice is healthy, immune-boosting, cold-fighting, and hydrating. Though zucchini juice is bitter over sweet, you can add some sweet and sour fruits like apple, strawberry, pineapple, and lemon or veggies like carrots and kale to reduce its bitterness.
You can also add ginger and mint with zucchini for getting a refreshing health drink. Pick the raw green zucchini when it is soft and immature rather than matured zucchini as matured zucchinis are bitterer.
make 5 best zucchini juice recipes at home
Juicing zucchini is effortless if you have a juicer like Jack Lalanne power juicer. If you don’t have a juicer, you can read our best beginner juicer guide here. However, you have to use young and fresh zucchinis to get better-flavored juice. Here make five best zucchini juice recipes now-
1.Green zucchini juice-
- 2 medium-sized young zucchini
- One apple
- 1 ½ inches ginger
- ½ lemon
- 3-4 green kale leaves
- 2 mint leaves
- Wash all ingredients properly.
- Peel the ginger and lemon before juicing.
- Cut the apple and remove the seeds and core as they are a bit toxic.
- Turn on the juicer and toss the all ingredients one by one.
- Once completed, add the mints and enjoy your refreshing green zucchini juice!
2. Zucchini, parsley, and celery combo juice-
- 2-3 zucchinis
- 1 celery stalk
- 4-5 parsley herbs
- ½ lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- Wash the all green well.
- Cut the zucchinis and celery into smaller pieces.
- Turn on the juicer, toss the zucchini, celery, parsley, and lemon into the juicer, and juice them properly.
- Once completed juicing, remove the foam from the juice with a spoon if any foam appears in the juice.
Now, add the cayenne pepper and turmeric, stir them thoroughly and enjoy the juice.
3. Zucchini juice immune booster-
- 2 major size zucchinis
- 3 large carrots
- 2 apples
- 3 kale-green leave
- 1/4 ginger
- Scrub and wash the ingredients properly.
- Cut the zucchinis, carrots, and apples into small pieces and remove the core and seed of apples. If you want, you can peel the carrots though not necessary.
- Toss all the juice ingredients into a juicer one after another.
- Once finished juicing, serve the juice and enjoy it.
4. Zucchini-Strawberry juice-
- One young and medium zucchini
- 8-10 Strawberries
- 1 lemon
- Scrub and Wash all ingredients in running water properly.
- Cut the zucchini and strawberries into small sizes and cut the lemon into 4 pieces and peel them off.
- Throw all ingredients into the juice hopper one by one and juice them well.
- Once completed, serve in a glass and enjoy delicious zucchini and strawberry juice.
5. Zucchini detox blast juice-
- Two young and medium-size zucchini
- One large cucumber
- 4-6 kale leaves
- Two apples
- ¼ cup of parsley
- 1 lemon
- Wash and scrub all the juicing ingredients well.
- Cut the zucchinis, cucumber, apples, and lemon into smaller chunks and peel off the lemon. Remove and throw away the core and seed of apples as they are a bit toxic.
- Juice all ingredients thoroughly.
- Now, serve and enjoy.
- Can you freeze watermelon juice?
- Can you freeze beets and beet juice? (5 best ways explained)
- Can you freeze lemon juice and lemons? How to freeze lemons?
- Can you freeze tomato (whole, raw, juice, sauce, and salsa)?
- Can you freeze grapefruit juice and grapefruits?
- Can you freeze ginger? How long does ginger root last?
10 Best Zucchini juice benefits for you
Aids in digestion:
Zucchinis are a great source of water and, soluble and insoluble fiber which help you fast digestion. The zucchini juice softens the stools and allows them to pass through your gut, and helps keep clean your digestion tracts. As a result, it solves your constipation problem and many gut disorders.
Aid in controlling blood pressure:
Zucchini is packed with potassium which has a direct effect on the diameter of blood vessels and blood pressure. In a London study, potassium helps reduce hypertension and blood pressure levels. To maintain good blood pressure levels, a human body needs more potassium than sodium which is proportionately 2:1. Zucchini juice increases potassium intake in the human body balancing with sodium and thus, help control blood pressure.
Boosts heart health:
You might have heart about DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) diet which helps reduce hypertension. Zucchini plays a great role in the DASH diet as it contains low calorie, fat, and sodium, but high soluble and insoluble fiber, potassium, folate, magnesium, carotenoids, and vitamin B complex that help smooth blood flow and reduce risk factors cardiac disease.
Helps weight loss:
Zucchini is low in calories, carbohydrates, and fat, yet high in water and fiber which help you fuller for longer periods, discourage overeating, aid in fast digestion. And eventually, helps weight loss.
Zucchinis are loaded with vitamin A and C, manganese, and antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin. These nutrients directly help improve eyesight, protect the retina, and reduce age-related eye disease.
Improves bone health:
The nutrients like lutein, zeaxanthin, manganese, vitamin K, and folate in zucchinis aid in building strong bone and fight against bone decay. According to, California Department of Public Health- zucchini contains phytochemicals like Indoles which help strengthen bones and teeth.
Helps control Diabetes:
Low-card diet help reduce blood sugar levels. Luckily, zucchini juice is a low-calorie drink and helps reduce blood sugar levels and insulin levels of type 2 diabetic patients. The fiber in zucchini increases insulin sensitivity which helps stabilize blood sugar levels and lessens the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Improves hair health:
Zucchini contains high amounts of zinc, iron, and vitamin C which help fast hair growth, reduce hair follicles, repair dry and splitting hair and strengthen hair roots.
Protects skin from sunlight:
High amounts of lutein in zucchini help reduce inflammation responses when our skin is exposed to sunlight. Zucchini juice aid in hydrating us for a longer period. Thus, sunlight cannot damage our skin that much and cannot put full summer heat. That’s why zucchini is considered summer squash.
Fight against cancer:
Research shows that several nutrients like lutein, zeaxanthin, and fiber in zucchini prevent the growth of certain types of cancer cells, especially, colon cancer.
What to do with leftover zucchini juice?
If you don’t consume all the zucchini juice immediately after extraction, you can freeze them for longer periods. You can store zucchini juice in the refrigerator for up to 3-5 days. But, for getting more extended, you have to preserve the juice in the freezer and you can store zucchini juice in the freezer for up to 3-6 months.
Should you peel zucchini before juicing?
If you use organic and fresh zucchinis for juicing, you shouldn’t peel them as the skin of zucchini is full of nutrients. What if you get some additional benefits from zucchini’s skin? If you use mature zucchinis for juicing, you could peel them if you want.
Can you drink raw zucchini juice?
You can drink raw zucchini juice for sure. In fact, this type of juice is healthier. Raw zucchini juice restores all-natural nutrients.
Can you put raw zucchini in a smoothie?
You can put raw zucchini in a smoothie. Raw zucchini is neutral in taste, provides your smoothie with a creamy texture, and fiber in it makes your smoothie even more delicious and healthy. Just use raw frozen zucchini with other fruits to get proper texture in a smoothie.